Our customer service team is available Monday through Friday 8:30am – 6pm EST. If you submit a return inquiry on a weekend day, our customer service team will contact you the following Monday.
GENERAL RETURN INFORMATION
- We accept returns up to 30 days after the original purchase date. If 30 days have gone by since you ordered the item(s), unfortunately we cannot offer a refund.
- Please fill out the contact us form and include your name, order # and reason for return and a customer service representative will contact you shortly.
- Returned items must be in original condition - including tags, booklets, and labels - and must also be in the original packaging.
- Merchandise cannot be returned if washed or worn.
- Please allow 2-4 weeks for processing your return
- You are responsible for selecting your shipping carrier and method of return
- ILoveScienceStore is not responsible for lost or damaged packages
Several types of goods are exempt from being returned.
- Perishable goods such as food and flowers.
- Time restricted items such as newspapers or magazines.
- Personalized items that have been customized to your desire cannot be resold.
- Living organisms
- Gift Cards
- Downloadable software products
- Some health and personal care items
EXCHANGES (if applicable)
- Please note we cannot accept exchanges on any apparel orders.
- We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. We will exchange the damaged item by replacing it with the same exact item. Send us an email at email@example.com and include a photo of the damaged/defected item. We will provide you with the necessary steps for receiving a new item.
- Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
- Refunds will be issued to original payment method including PayPal. The number of days the credit will post will depend on your financial institution.
- You will be responsible for return shipping costs of all merchandise.
- If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again prior to contacting us. Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted. Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted. If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item.
- Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
- If you are shipping an item over $75, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
How can I make a return?
To return an item, you must fill out and submit the contact us form with your full details and order#. A customer service representative will send you a packaging slip to include in your shipment. The packing slip is required to process your return. Please note that the packaging slip is not the same thing as a return shipping label. You are responsible for providing your own return shipping.
Do not slap a shipping label on the manufacturer's packaging. Securely package the returned product within an outer box. We strongly suggest you use a shipment method which includes tracking. If that's all too confusing, you can contact us.
Can I return something I received as a gift?
If the item was marked as a gift when purchased and shipped directly to you, you’ll receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once the returned item is received, a gift certificate will be mailed to you.
If the item wasn’t marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift giver had the order shipped to themselves to give to you later, we will send a refund to the gift giver and he will find out about your return.
Can I simply return the item to the manufacturer?
No, please do not just send the item to the manufacturer. Please contact our customer service team. They will assess your return request and provide you with the necessary details in order to return your item.
What do I do if my product is damaged?
Take a picture of the damaged area(s) and send them to email@example.com and please include your order number. Pictures are required to process a damaged return. A customer service representative will contact you with further instructions once the email has been submitted.
How long do returns take to process?
Return processing can take up to 2-4 weeks. If you have not received a refund after that time, please contact Customer Service.