IFLScience has partnered with LifeStraw to double Follow the Liters contribution . For every LifeStraw® water filter sold through our store, LifeStraw will provide two school children in a developing community with safe drinking water for an entire school year
Our goal for this campaign is to provide 25,000 school children with safe drinking water. Since 2014, Follow the Litres has provided 316,000 school children or 631 schools in rural Kenya with safe, clean drinking water due to sales of LifeStraw in North America.
Thank you for supporting this campaign!
LifeStraw is the award-winning personal water filter, designed to provide you with safe, clean drinking water when you need it. The ideal water filter for hiking & camping, travel, emergency preparedness & survival, LifeStraw makes most contaminated or suspect water safe to drink.
Features & Benefits
- Filters up to 1,000 liters (264 gallons) of water
- Removes 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria (>LOG 6 reduction), including E-Coli
- Removes 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites (>LOG 3 reduction), including Giardia & Cryptosporidium
- Reduces turbidity, filtering down to 0.2 microns
- Ultralight: weighs only 2oz!
- Does NOT use iodine or iodinized resin
- Contains no chemicals (and is BPA-free), uses no batteries, has no moving parts
- Very high flow rate; no after taste (because no iodine or chlorine are used)
- Easy to clean. Can be stored and used periodically. Just keep uncapped so it can dry thoroughly.
- Very durable
- No shelf life. LifeStraw can be stored indefinitely. (Former shelf life estimates have been revised.)
- Used worldwide in harsh conditions since 2005
- Award winning & internationally recognized
2-3 Business Days (Ships Separately)